This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software and operating systems who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ Exam. It is also suitable for those who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will learn:
- Basics of networking theory, concepts and networking methods
- Basics of networking data delivery
- Networking media, cabling and hardware
- Networking protocols and the OSI model
- Networking Operating Systems
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- Networking security, including preventing and responding to incidents
None. It is highly recommended to achieve A+ Certification first.
1. Networking Concepts
- Explain the purposes and uses of ports and protocols.
- Explain devices, applications, protocols and services at their appropriate OSI layers.
- Explain the concepts and characteristics of routing and switching.
- Given a scenario, configure the appropriate IP addressing components.
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of network topologies, types and technologies.
- Given a scenario, implement the appropriate wireless technologies and configurations.
- Summarize cloud concepts and their purposes.
- Explain the functions of network services.
- Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate cabling solution.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate placement of networking devices on a network and install/configure them.
- Explain the purposes and use cases for advanced networking devices.
- Explain the purposes of virtualization and network storage technologies.
- Compare and contrast WAN technologies.
3. Network Operations
- Given a scenario, use appropriate documentation and diagrams to manage the network.
- Compare and contrast business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.
- Explain common scanning, monitoring and patching processes and summarize their expected outputs.
- Given a scenario, use remote access methods.
- Identify policies and best practices.
4. Network Security
- Summarize the purposes of physical security devices.
- Explain authentication and access controls.
- Given a scenario, secure a basic wireless network.
- Summarize common networking attacks.
- Given a scenario, implement network device hardening.
- Explain common mitigation techniques and their purposes.
5. Network Troubleshooting and Tools
- Explain the network troubleshooting methodology.
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wired connectivity and performance issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless connectivity and performance issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common network service issues.
Học tại Hồ Chí Minh
Học tại Hà Nội
Học trực tuyến