Cloud Storage With Red Hat Ceph Storage (CL260)
Build skills to manage hybrid cloud Red Hat Ceph Storage for medium and mass-scale enterprise applications and for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
Cloud Storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage (CL260) is designed for storage administrators and cloud operators who deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage in a production data center environment or as a component of a Red Hat OpenStack Platform infrastructure. Learn how to deploy, manage, and scale a Ceph storage cluster to provide hybrid storage resources, including Amazon S3 and OpenStack Swift-compatible object storage, Ceph-native and iSCSI-based block storage, and shared file storage. This course is based on Red Hat Ceph Storage version 4.2
II. Duration: 04 days
1. Impact on the organization
This course develops the skills needed to deploy a software-defined storage system on commodity hardware, permitting distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant object, block, and file data storage. Red Hat Ceph Storage deployment infrastructure can grow at the same pace as your expanding data and processing requirements, allowing scaled and managed investment to accommodate business growth
2. Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students will be able to deploy, operate, and manage a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster. Students will learn that Red Hat Ceph Storage is the standard, integrated cloud storage solution for Red Hat OpenStack Platform. Developer students will learn to implement each available storage type and method offered by Red Hat Ceph Storage, and be able to choose the correct type and method for their enterprise storage scenarios and applications. Administrators and operators will be able to perform Ceph cluster management, including configuration, daily operations, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and scaling.
IV. Intended Audience:
This course is intended for storage administrators and cloud operators who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage for use by servers in an enterprise data center or within a Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment. Developers writing applications who use cloud-based storage will learn the distinctions of various storage types and client access methods
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation certification, or equivalent experience.
- For candidates that have not earned an RHCE or equivalent, confirmation of the correct skill set knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment at http://www.redhat.com/training/skills_assessment/
- Some experience with storage administration is recommended but not required
VI. Course outlines:
1. Introducing Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture
- Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, including data organization, distribution and client access methods.
2. Deploying Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Deploy a new Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster and expand the cluster capacity.
3. Configuring a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster
- Manage the Red Hat Ceph Storage configuration, including the primary settings, the use of monitors, and the cluster network layout.
4. Creating object storage cluster components
- Create and manage the components that comprise the object storage cluster, including OSDs, pools, and the cluster authorization method.
5. Creating and customizing the storage maps
- Manage and adjust the CRUSH and OSD maps to optimize data placement to meet the performance and redundancy requirements of cloud applications.
6. Providing block storage using RADOS Block Devices
- Configure Ceph to provide block storage for clients by using RADOS block devices (RBDs).
7. Providing object storage using a RADOS Gateway
- Configure Ceph to provide object storage for clients by using a RADOS Gateway (RGW).
8. Providing file storage with CephFS
- Configure Ceph to provide file storage for clients using the Ceph File System (CephFS).
9. Managing a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster
- Manage an operational Ceph cluster using tools to check status, monitor services, and properly start and stop all or part of the cluster. Perform cluster maintenance by replacing or repairing cluster components, including MONs, OSDs, and PGs.
10. Tuning and troubleshooting Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Identify the key Ceph cluster performance metrics and use them to tune and troubleshoot Managing Red Hat OpenStack
11. Platform storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage an OpenStack infrastructure to use Red Hat Ceph Storage to provide image, block, volume, object, and shared file storageCeph operations for optimal performance.
12. Comprehensive review
- Review tasks from Cloud Storage with Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Học trực tuyến
Học tại Hồ Chí Minh
Học tại Hà Nội