Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
Learn how to configure Red Hat Satellite 6 to deploy and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems and software
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. You will learn how to configure Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages. You will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Ansible® configuration management upon deployment.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat Satellite 6.6.
Course content summary
- Verify a Red Hat Satellite 6.6 installation.
- Regulate Red Hat Satellite with organizations, locations, users, and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Ansible playbooks and roles.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with Red Hat Satellite 6
1. Plan and deploy Red Hat Satellite
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment, then perform installation and initial configuration of Red Hat Satellite servers
2. Manage software life cycles
- Create and manage Red Hat software deployment life cycle environments
3. Register hosts
- Register and configure your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems to use Red Hat Satellite, then organize those systems into groups for easier management.
4. Deploy software to hosts
- Manage software deployment to registered hosts of your Red Hat Satellite infrastructure and practice managing environment paths, life cycle environments, and content views
5. Deploy custom software
- Create, manage, and deploy custom software products and repositories
6. Deploy Satellite capsule servers
- Perform installation and initial configuration of Red Hat Satellite capsule servers as components of a deployment plan
7. Run remote execution commands
- Configure the ability to run ad hoc and scheduled tasks on managed hosts using a variety of configuration management tools
8. Provision hosts
- Configure Satellite server for host deployment and perform host provisioning
9. Manage Red Hat Satellite using the API
- Integrate Red Hat Satellite functionality with custom scripts or external applications that access the API over HTTP
10. Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment on a cloud platform
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment, installation, and initial configuration on a cloud platform
11. Perform Red Hat Satellite server maintenance
- Manage Red Hat Satellite for security, recoverability, and growth
12. Comprehensive review
- Install and configure Red Hat Satellite Server, then provision content hosts.
Học trực tuyến
Học tại Hồ Chí Minh
Học tại Hà Nội