Developing and Deploying Applications on OpenShift (DO290)
Developing and Deploying Applications on OpenShift (DO290) is part of a series of courses that focus on using OpenShift Container Platform to automate a portion of the software delivery pipeline. The course immerses the student in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.5.
Through hands-on labs, the student will implement user stories for an existing Java™ EE application and deploy the application to an OpenShift instance. The student will learn how to create, update, and maintain applications using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Managing an application with Red Hat JBoss® Developer Studio
- Introduction to continuous integration (CI)
- Integrating CI into OpenShift Container Platform
- Implementing CI for the application
- Clustering the Bookstore application
- Remote debugging the Bookstore application
- Deploying custom containers
- Creating a custom template
1. Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to design, build, and deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable, using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. This course demonstrates how to best use the tools provided by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to enable rapid application development and deployment, as well as increase portability of applications across environments.
2. Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, the student should be able to take advantage of the platform in a popular DevOps environment. This course is part of a series of DevOps courses centered on the use of OpenShift to enable continuous delivery—a key goal in the DevOps philosophy. Red Hat is committed in being a leader in providing prescriptive approaches to DevOps using Red Hat and other open source technologies.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Deploy applications in Docker using images
- Describe the architecture of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift command-line interface
- Define, build, and deploy an application on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Establish continuous integration of an application from source code to deployment using Jenkins
- Create deployments that utilize clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling
- Troubleshoot problems involving application performance or deployment with debugging tools and log files
- Create custom source-to-image (s2i) builder images and templates
- Deploy a mutli-pod application to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform using Jenkins for continuous integration
- Install and update software packages
- Access Linux file systems
- Manage Linux networking
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Java EE programming skills are helpful—we try to keep the programming tasks simple, like changing the color of an item on an HTML page—so general HTML skills common to many programming environments will suffice
- Experience as a successful developer in one of the environments supported by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform—either Python, Ruby, Java EE, Node.js
- Have taken Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or have equivalent experience
This course is designed for application developers (not necessarily Java EE developers) interested in creating OpenShift applications with automated unit/acceptance tests and deploying those applications using continuous integration (CI) to an OpenShift instance.
1. Course introduction
- Introduce and review the course.
2. Development environment review
- Describe the developer's tools, agile practices, and deployment environment that will be used in this course.
3. Bookstore application review
- Become familiar with the course application architecture, features, and project layout.
4. Introduction to OpenShift Container Platform
- Describe the features and architecture of OpenShift Container Platform.
5. Manage OpenShift Container Platform applications
- Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift Container Platform command line interface.
6. Deploy applications on OpenShift Container Platform
- Define, build, and deploy an application on OpenShift Container Platform.
7. Create complex deployments
- Create deployments that use clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling.
8. Implement continuous integration
- Establish continuous integration with Jenkins.
9. Troubleshoot applications
- Use debugging and logs to troubleshoot problems with application performance or deployment issues.
10. Customize OpenShift Container Platform
- Create custom source image containers, templates, and builders.
11. Course review
- Practice the skills learned in this course.
Học trực tuyến
Học tại Hồ Chí Minh
Học tại Hà Nội
Các khóa học khác
- Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration II (DO285)
- Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288)
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration III: Scaling Kubernetes Deployments in the Enterprise (DO380)
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280)