Designing a Data Solution with Microsoft SQL Server
The focus of this five-day instructor-led course is on planning and implementing enterprise database infrastructure solutions by using SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft technologies. It describes how to consolidate SQL Server workloads, work with both on-premises and Microsoft Azure cloud-based solutions, and how to plan and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Assess an existing enterprise environment.
Plan and implement Policy-Based Management.
Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014.
Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud.
Use Microsoft Azure storage with SQL Server 2014.
Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure virtual machines.
Describe high availability technologies in SQL Server 2014 and implement log shipping.
Describe Windows Server Failover Clustering and Implement an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance.
Implement an Always On Availability Group.
Plan high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
Plan and implement database replication.
This course is intended for database professionals who need who plan, implement, and manage database solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
Planning and implementing database infrastructure.
Planning and implementing consolidation strategies.
Implementing SQL Server in on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT scenarios.
Planning and implementing high availability solutions.
Planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
Planning and implementing databases
Querying with Transact-SQL
Some basic knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery
Some basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and concepts around cloud computing
Module 1: Introduction to Enterprise Data Architecture
- Considerations for Enterprise Data
- Assessing an Existing Infrastructure
Lab : Assessing an Existing Enterprise Data Infrastructure
- Using the MAP Toolkit
- Reviewing MAP Toolkit Reports
- Describe the considerations for enterprise data infrastructure.
- Use the MAP Toolkit to assess an existing enterprise data environment.
Module 2: Multi-Server Configuration Management
- Policy-Based Management
- Microsoft System Center
Lab : Planning and Implementing Policy-Based Management
- Planning a Policy-Based Management Strategy
- Implementing Policy-Based Management
- Testing Policy Compliance
- Implement Policy-Based Management
- Describe how System Center can be used to manage database infrastructure
Module 3: Consolidating Database Workloads with SQL Server 2014
- Considerations for Database Server Consolidation
- Managing Resources in a Consolidated Database Infrastructure
Lab : SQL Server Consolidation
- Preparing for Database Consolidation
- Managing Resources for an Instance of SQL Server
- Managing Resources for Multiple Instances on a Windows Server
- Describe the considerations for consolidating databases and database servers.
- Explain the options for managing resources in various consolidation scenarios.
Module 4: Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions
- Overview of Cloud Computing
- SQL Server in a Private Cloud
Lab : Preparing a SQL Server Installation in a Virtual Machine Template
- Creating a prepared Instance
- Completing a prepared Instance
- Explain the fundamental concepts behind cloud computing, and describe the technologies that underpin Microsoft cloud solutions.
- Describe how to provide SQL Server based data services in a private cloud infrastructure.
Module 5: Introduction to Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure Overview
- Microsoft Azure Storage
Lab : Using Microsoft Azure
- Creating a Microsoft Azure Storage Account
- Backing Up a Database to Microsoft Azure
- Describe Microsoft Azure and the services it provides.
- Use Microsoft Azure storage for SQL Server database files and backups.
Module 6: Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Security
- Implementing and Managing Databases
Lab : Using Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Provisioning Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Configuring Microsoft Azure SQL Database Security
- Migrating a Database to Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Describe the key features of Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Explain how to implement security for Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Implement and manage a database in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
Module 7: SQL Server in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Connectivity and Security
- Creating Databases in a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
Lab : Using Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Creating a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
- Configuring Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines Security and Connectivity
- Creating Databases on a Virtual Machine
- Describe the benefits of Microsoft Azure virtual machines and create a Microsoft Azure virtual machine.
- Describe and configure Microsoft Azure virtual machine security and connectivity.
- Create a SQL Server database in a Microsoft Azure virtual machine.
Module 8: Introduction to High Availability in SQL Server 2014
- High Availability Concepts and Options in SQL Server 2014
- Log Shipping
Lab : Using Log Shipping
- Configure Log Shipping
- Test the Log Shipping Configuration
- Test Failover
- Describe the core concepts and options for implementing high availability in SQL Server 2014.
- Describe how to implement high availability for individual databases by using log shipping.
Module 9: Clustering with Windows Server and SQL Server 2014
- Introduction to Windows Server Failover Clustering
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances
Lab : Implementing an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance
- Inspect the Windows Server Failover Cluster Configuration
- Install an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance
- Configure tempdb to Use Local Storage
- Test Automatic Failover and Failback
- Describe the key benefits and features of Windows Server Failover Clustering.
- Describe how to use SQL Server AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances to maintain high availability for SQL Server instances.
Module 10: AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Introduction to AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Working with AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Considerations for Using AlwaysOn Availability Groups
Lab : Implementing and Testing an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Implementing an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Connecting to an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Testing Failover
- Configure Quorum Voting
- Describe the fundamental concepts and terminology for AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Explain how work with AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
Module 11: Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
This module describes the planning considerations for high availability and disaster recovery, and provides common implementation scenarios for on-premises, hybrid, and Microsoft Azure environments.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery with SQL Server 2014
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery for Databases in Microsoft Azure
Lab : Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions with SQL Server 2014
- Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions by Using Microsoft Azure
- Explain the considerations for implementing high availability and disaster recovery by using SQL Server 2014, and describe some common scenarios.
- Explain the considerations for implementing high availability and disaster recovery by using SQL Server 2014 and Microsoft Azure services, and describe some common scenarios.
Module 12: Replicating Data
- SQL Server Replication
- Planning Replication
Lab : Planning and Implementing Replication
- Planning Replication
- Implementing Replication
- Describe SQL Server replication.
- Identify an appropriate replication solution for a particular scenario.
Học tại Hồ Chí Minh
Học tại Hà Nội
Học trực tuyến