Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
The first of two courses covering the core system administration tasks needed to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) equips you with Linux® administration "survival skills" by focusing on foundational Linux concepts and core tasks. You will learn how to apply command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools, starting you on your journey toward becoming a full-time Linux system administrator. This path continues with the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134).
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8.2.
Course content summary:
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Install and configure software components and services
- Establish network connections and control firewall restrictions
- Monitor and manage running processes
- Manage and secure files and file systems
- Administer users and groups
- Review the system log files and journal for issues
- Troubleshoot problems and analyze systems with Red Hat Insights
- Remotely manage systems with SSH and the Web Console
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
- Basic technical user skills with computer applications on some operating systems are expected.
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills
1. Get started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Describe and define open source, Linux distributions, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
2. Access the command line
- Log into a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell
3. Manage files from the command line
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files while working from the bash shell
4. Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems by using local help systems
5. Create, view, and edit text files
- Manage text files from command output or in a text editor
6. Manage local users and groups
- Create, manage, and delete local users and groups, as well as administer local password policies
7. Control access to files
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
8. Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Evaluate and control processes running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
9. Control services and daemons
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd.
10. Configure and secure SSH
- Configure secure command line service on remote systems, using OpenSSH
11. Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret logs of system events for troubleshooting purposes.
12. Manage networking
- Configure network interfaces and settings on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
13. Archive and transfer files
- Archive and copy files from one system to another
14. Install and update software
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories
15. Access Linux files systems
- Access, inspect, and use existing file systems on storage attached to a Linux server
16. Analyze servers and get support
- Investigate and resolve issues in the web-based management interface, getting support from Red Hat to help solve problems
17. Comprehensive review
- Review the content covered in this course by completing hands-on exercises
Học trực tuyến
- Ngày khai giảng : 15-11-2021
- Giờ học : 18h00 - 21h00
- Ngày học : Thứ 2 - 4 - 6
- Thời lượng : 40h
- Học phí : Liên hệ
Học tại Hồ Chí Minh
Học tại Hà Nội