Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125)
Red Hat® Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) is designed for storage administrators and cloud operators who want to deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage into their production environment or OpenStack®environment.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7, Red Hat Ceph Storage 2, and Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9.
Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) provides an in-depth overview of the Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture and instructions on deploying Red Hat Ceph Storage, including the Ceph Storage Cluster (RADOS), the Ceph Object Gateway (RADOSGW), and the Ceph Block Device (RBD). The course also focuses on the day-to-day operation of a Ceph Storage cluster, including common troubleshooting and tuning techniques, integration of Ceph with OpenStack Glance and Cinder using Red Hat OpenStack Platform, as well as configuring Ceph with RADOSGW as a replacement for OpenStack Swift through Keystone integration.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Create a Ceph Block Device client
- Deploy the Red Hat Ceph Storage Gateway objects
- Troubleshoot Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Red Hat Ceph Storage operations and tuning
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Glance
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Cinder
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Keystone
1. Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to deploy a software-defined storage system on commodity hardware, permitting distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant block and object data storage. Such a deployment provides a storage infrastructure that can grow at the same pace as your compute infrastructure, allowing a gradual investment to accommodate business growth.
2. Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to deploy and operate a Ceph cluster and configure it as the back end for OpenStack.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Describe the architecture of a Ceph cluster.
- Deploy a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster using Ansible.
- Manage operations on a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage as the back end for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Knowledge in Linux server administration and Linux command line
- Fundamental storage knowledge
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage within or outside the Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment.
1. Course introduction
- Introduce and review the course.
2. Introduction to storage
- Introduce storage.
3. Introduction to Ceph and Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Introduce the Ceph Storage, Red Hat Ceph Storage, and related Ceph systems.
4. Red Hat Ceph Storage deployment
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage.
5. Red Hat Ceph Storage configuration
- Introduce and practice working with pools, erasure coded pools, expanding the cluster, and primary affinity.
6. Block storage through RBD
- Introduce block storage and learn how to execute block storage through RBD.
7. Object storage through RADOSGW
- Introduce and execute object storage through RADOSGW.
8. File storage through CephFS
- Introduce and execute file storage through CephFS.
9. CRUSH Configuration
- Introduce CRUSH Configuration and work with CRUSH map.
10. Cluster map updates
- Introduce Cluster map updates.
11. Ceph operations
- Introduce Ceph operations and maintenance.
12. Tuning Linux servers
- Introduce tuning Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
13. Ceph performance tuning
- Introduce Ceph performance tuning and conduct stress testing, result analysis, and impact specific parameters.
14. Client troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot Ceph client.
15. Introduction to OpenStack with Ceph
- Introduce and explain integration of Ceph and OpenStack.
16. Integrate Ceph with Glance
- Integrate object storage for image with Glance.
17. Integrate Ceph with Cinder
- Integrate block storage for virtual machines (VMs) with Cinder.
18. Replace Swift with Ceph and RADOSGW
- Introduce and learn how to replace Swift with Ceph and RADOSGW.
19. Integrate CephFS with Manila
- Learn to integrate CephFS with Manila.
Học tại Hồ Chí Minh
Học tại Hà Nội
Học trực tuyến