Containers, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285)
One of the key tenets of DevOps is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat®OpenShift Container Platform. DO285 combines the content from Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280).
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5.
This course helps you build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. OpenShift Container Platform is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift Container Platform provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure as code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD). Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285) is a hands-on, lab-based course that teaches system administrators how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift clusters.
- Container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture
- Creating containerized services
- Managing containers and container images
- Creating custom container images
- Deploying multi-container applications
- Installing an OpenShift cluster
- Configuring and managing masters and nodes
- Securing OpenShift Container Platform
- Controlling access to resources on OpenShift Container Platform
- Monitoring and collecting metrics on OpenShift Container Platform
- Deploying applications on OpenShift Container Platform using source-to-image (S2I)
- Managing storage on OpenShift Container Platform
1. Impact on the organization
This course is intended to expose you to container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift. You are taught how to containerize software applications and services. Moving applications and services from traditional deployment platforms to container deployments make the applications deployable on a single clustered cloud architecture instead of many disparate sets of hardware configurations. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. It also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
2. Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to install, configure, and manage a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster and deploy applications on it.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install OpenShift Container Platform to create a simple cluster.
- Configure and manage OpenShift Container Platform masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift Container Platform with a simple internal authentication mechanism.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift Container Platform using source-to-image (S2I).
- Configure and manage OpenShift Container Platform pods, services, routes, secrets, and other resources.
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Ability to use a Linux® terminal session and issue operating system commands
- RHCSA® certification or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators
- System architects
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift Container Platform
1. Getting started with container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by OpenShift Container Platform.
2. Creating containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
3. Managing containers
- Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
4. Managing container images
- Manage the lifecycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
5. Creating custom container images
- Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
6. Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
7. Deploying multi-container applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
8. Troubleshooting containerized applications
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on OpenShift.
9. Comprehensive review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on an OpenShift cluster.
10. Introducing Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- List the features and describe the architecture of the Openshift Container Platform.
11. Installing OpenShift Container Platform
- Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
12. Describing and exploring OpenShift networking concepts
- Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
13. Executing commands
- Execute commands using the command-line interface.
14. Controlling access to OpenShift resources
- Control access to OpenShift resources.
15. Allocating persistent storage
- Implement persistent storage.
16. Managing application deployments
- Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
17. Installing and configuring the metrics subsystem
- Install and configure the metrics gathering system.
18. Managing and monitoring OpenShift Container Platform
- Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.
19. Comprehensive review of Red Hat OpenShift Administration I
- Install, configure, and deploy an application on a cluster.
Học tại Hồ Chí Minh
Học tại Hà Nội
Học trực tuyến